Friday June 12, 2009 21:07
How to detect company fails
I discovered very insightful experienced detection method for dying company via (http://www.infuture.kr/393 -Korean). It may be only Korean company, but I guess most of companies can be applied.
- Another process is made for a process. (There is not to do any more.)
- Only CEO is speaking on senior meeting. (CEO blames someone to talk.)
- No one thinks about new business. (All pressed by urgent business. It’s always.)
- New business are always hushing up. (CEO is not interested in them.)
- Ranking is down from second to below third in the market. (Heroes are needed in emergency.)
- Internal competition is bitter than competitors in the market. (Everyone thinks themselves rather than company.)
- When a strategy was failed, it finds victim in internal. (Everyone thinks I have to survive.)
- Toilet is not clean. (Insufficient loyalty to the company?)
- Everyone believe problems will be solved when CEO was changed. (Foundational problems still remained.)
- It’s increased that employees want to back to school. (In fact, they want to move another company.)
- Small reward programs are raised continually. (All medicines prove useless.)
- Meeting schedules are over half day in everyday. (It has to make a piece of work.)
- Employees blames there are rare educational programs. (How to find themselves?)
- Communication with instant messaging despite of near person. (It’s tired to face-to-face.)
- When idea is suggested, someone comments “Is there another company to do?” (Although creativity is the motto of a company.)
- A manager often says “I have no authority to do.” (Because all rights reserved in CEO.)
- Cigarette butts are increased in smoking room. (Boring or painful.)
- A thickness of report paper is heavier and thicker. (a formality overwhelms contents.)
- There are many people folding their arms in meeting. (It means I hate to listen.)
- When CEO(Manager) is absent, everyone is active. (Everyone feel cheap in normal.)
If your company is applied in from 15 to 20 items, it’s very risk, you’d better go out company.
from 10 to 14, risky, you have to request the change.
from 6 to 9, normal, but you’d better monitor.
below 5, it’s good.
How about your company?