Saturday March 31, 2007 07:08
Mozilla Developer Day Boston 2007
Here is Hotel@MIT that Mozilla Developer Day Boston 2007 be held. Over 40 developer guys came here and share informations and discussions each other.
-Kick off by Mike Shaver
- Fuel by Mark Finkle or John Resig
- Mozilla Labs by Mike Beltzner
He introduced new UI of Mozilla Labs and experimental project Joey and Coop. Joey is a server, Firefox add-on, and java midlet that allow you to pass data from your Firefox browser to cell phone. (Joey means a baby kangaroo!)
The Coop is an emerging Firefox add-on that will let users keep track of what their friends are doing online, and share new and interesting content with one or more of those friends.
- Automated Testing by Rob Sayre / Rob Campbell
- Mozilla Community Program by Seth Bindernagel, Asa Dotzler
There are three case studies for supporting individuals: Carsten Book, project: new localization server (l10n.mozilla.org) and community: A meet-up for the accessibility community members
- Breakpad by Benjamin Smedberg
Breakpad is a set of libraries for client-side crash reporting. The libraries are being developed as a narrowly scoped Google code project called Socorro and Breakpad server . The breakpad libraries do not provide any crash-reporting UI, nor do they provide a server.
- 3D on the Web: Formats, Architectures, Plugins and Mashups by Vlad Vukicevic
There is sample video clips of Vlad’s 3D rendering with OpenGL.
- Participators of this meeting
- Human Wall – Mike Beltzner
We’re scheduling agenda for discussions, including more on 3D/gaming, security, the build system, community, FUEL, and mentoring & teaching. Mike became human wall for scheduling.